COVID-19 Safety Protocols
How our workers are keeping themselves safe:
- Workers will be updated with information about COVID-19 as it is provided by Government Health Officials
- Upper management will notify workers of the expectations of personal and client safety
- Signage will be posted throughout the spa to remind clients and employees to use hand sanitizer, etc.
- Workers will be reminded that if they feel ill, have a cough, etc then do not come into work.
Screening for COVID-19 at Hello Gorgeous:
- Please self-monitor before coming into work.
- All staff will be required to complete a health survey before they start working, and if they are not well they are expected to stay at home.
- Hello Gorgeous Beauty Studio will support any worker that wishes to go get a Covid-19 test, and will support their self-quarantine until test results are received; clients will be rescheduled.
- All clients will be expected to answer a short survey regarding their health via an online form. If the client is unwell, they will be asked to reschedule their appointment
- No walk-in clients for treatment at this time
- All clients/staff must wear a mask at all times when visiting Hello Gorgeous Beauty Studio. *Some limited restrictions apply (see list at end of this document)
How Hello Gorgeous is Controlling the Risk of Transmission in our Workplace:
- Physical distancing and separation
- Ensure all staff/clients in the Spa are a minimum of 6’ away from each other.
- When required distancing cannot be safely done (i.e during a service), the technician must be wearing their PPE at all times (i.e face mask; disposable gloves; safety goggles).
- When required distancing cannot be safely done i.e (during a service), the client must be wearing their facial mask at all times, unless special circumstances set out by the Wellington Dufferin Guelph Public Health Department are met.
- Floors will be washed at minimum twice per day (upon opening; upon closing), and must be cleaned with an approved floor cleaner that kills at minimum 99% virus’ and bacteria i.e (Mr. Clean; Pine-Sol)
- If floors become soiled at some point throughout the workday, then cleaning shall resume immediately in that area only
- Treatment Room:
- The treatment room table shall be cleaned and disinfected after each client usage; using PREEmpt HDL5.
- Furniture & equipment within the “treatment room” shall be wiped down with a hot water/soap combination prior to PREempt HDL5.
- Backbar products must be wiped down first with a hot water/soap solution, then with an approved disinfecting wipe i.e (Clorox Wipes) which will then be disposed of in the garbage receptacle; if the product is not used during the day, then it shall be cleaned and disinfected at the end of each work day.
- Reception Area/Front of House:
- All low touch areas will be cleaned and disinfected at minimum 2 times per day (at beginning of the day and at end of the day).
- All medium touch areas will be cleaned and disinfected at minimum 3 times per day (at beginning of the day, midday, at end of the day).
- All high touch areas will be cleaned and disinfected after the item(s) have been touched by either client or staff i.e (payment processor; doorknobs).
- Computer keyboard(s) will be wiped down with an approved disinfecting wipe i.e (Clorox wipe) at a minimum of 2 times per day if they have only been handled by staff.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all times for all staff and client’s in the Hello Gorgeous Beauty Studio; the expectation to use upon entrance to the Spa at a minimum; hand washing with hot soapy water for a minimum of 30 seconds is also recommended.
If Hello Gorgeous experiences a potential case or exposure to COVID-19:
- The owner of Hello Gorgeous will call the Wellington Dufferin Public Health Department and receive specific instructions on how to deal with potential contamination.
- If there is a suspected case of COVID-19, or suspected exposure, all staff and clients who have entered the spa will be notified by email, text, or phone call if there is no response.
- Staff/Clients may be required to self isolate for a specific amount of time.
- If the exposure to the COVID case is severe, Hello Gorgeous will close the spa for a deep clean.
- Hello Gorgeous supports all of its staff in receiving nasal swabs to ensure negative test results prior to returning back to work as suggested by the Wellington Dufferin Guelph Public Health Department.
- All other measures suggested by the Wellington Dufferin Guelph Public Health Department will be followed.
How we’re managing any new risks caused by the changes made to the way we operate our business:
- Any and all new risks caused by the changes made to the way we operate Hello Gorgeous Beauty Studio will be handled on an individual basis.
- Any suggestions made by the Wellington Dufferin Guelph Public Health Department will be followed strictly.
How we’re making sure our plan is working:
- We know our plan is working if our staff do not become sick or show signs of COVID-19.
- We know our plan is working if our clients do not become sick or show signs of COVID-19 after an appointment with Hello Gorgeous.
- Keeping communication lines open with all staff and clients.
In the event of a regional or province-wide closure:
- Staff will be expected to stay home during the duration of the mandated closure.
- Only management/owner will come into the Spa if deemed necessary.
- All treatments will be on hold until the Wellington Dufferin Guelph Public Health Department announces that we can reopen safely.
- When reopened, all precautions will be put into place as directed by the WDG Public Health and the province of Ontario.
- Retail sales will still be available online.
- Sales will be generated online thru social media and website;
- Contactless pickups or delivery (in the Guelph area) will be the only available way clients can receive their product.
- Proper hand sanitizing will occur after payment has been received.
- Paper money will be put into quarantine for no less than 14 days.
- Electronic payments are preferred during a lockdown.